Crap! I just remembered that I'm supposed to be posting in this blog every week! I'm not even sure how many weeks it's been that I've forgotten, but I guess I'll have to suffer the consequences.
I think I've not talked about Great Expectations yet, so I'll just say that I really loved the book. I couldn't stand Pip for the most part because of how idiotic he was, but I ended up forgiving his jackass behavior in the end. Right now I'm reading Mrs. Dalloway (I know... I should have finished it last week) and it's already one of my favorite books. There is a problem with it however because very little actually happens yet it tricks you into thinking otherwise. I think it's because of the way she uses the stream of consciousness in her writing. Despite that strange problem, I think it's a fantastic book and I enjoy it much more than I've enjoyed Joyce's "Ulysses" and "A Portrait of the Artist" because it maintains a unity of plot whereas Joyce's stream of consciousness stuff just drives you mad. I'm not sure what to do about missing these blog entries... Crap...
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment