So today I dropped the wife off at work and came home to clean my apartment. First of all, at the beginning of every semester the apartment gets pretty hectic; seriously, you can't take a single step without getting book all over your foot or stabbing yourself with an ink pen. So cleaning was an absolute necessity. But whatever.
While I was cleaning I stumbled upon my Insure Oklahoma/O-EPIC bill and noticed that there were actually two bills in the damned letter! Initially, I had seen just the one and saw the due date as 9/05/09, so I wasn't too worried about it, but today I saw that the other bill was due nearly 20 days ago! The punishment for failing to pay a bill is termination of you O-EPIC insurance, but I hadn't received a letter yet saying that my insurance was terminated, so I panicked and assumed that I had still some time to take care of it. So I wrote a check to the bastards and placed it in the mailbox. I then checked my mail and, lo and behold, there was a letter from O-EPIC stating that my insurance has been terminated! I was so pissed that I screamed many vulgarities in front of laughing children and their jackass insured parents.
I came back home and wept a little and decided that weeping would do me little good, so I turned on a new live set I'd downloaded from Chicago Afro-Beat Project and resigned myself to finishing the cleaning of my apartment. I was grooving to the rhythms and almost forgot all about my insurance problem when suddenly the recording started chanting "You can't go to doctor 'cause you're uninsured!" And they're correct...
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment