Saturday, March 27, 2010

sdjhfgiusrghwefjh

So the biryani was pretty bad. The soggy rice was really the least of its issues. Next time I'll need to remember to use less mace and cinnamon, eliminate mint and star anise entirely, add more salt and master cooking Pakhi biryani before moving onto Kacchi.
So my wife bought me a kindle 2.0 for my birthday--actually, she gave me permission to buy it which is just as good as buying it for me--and I am fairly impressed. Speaking of my wife; she's listening to this Hindi song that sounds like a fusion of Hindi and that french coffeehouse accordion music--what's that called? It sounds remarkably beautiful. Hindi fusion songs are so frequently too heavy on one style or the other, but this song blends the two styles better than any I've heard. Not that the other Hindi songs are bad (well, some are terrible); it's just that this song masters the fusion.
I've digressed from the kindle. The kindle's ease on the eyes is really the best thing it's got to offer. I can't stand reading hundreds of JSTOR articles on my computer because of the strain on my eyes. There is a problem with reading PDFs on the kindle though. Although the kindle does natively support pdf, my experience has been that the font is too small to read easily since it tries to fit the image on the screen. Changing font size and words per line is out of the question with a pdf on kindle. I have found that you can convert pdfs with mobipocket creator though. The formatting gets messed up a little bit, but it still works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment