Wednesday, April 7, 2010

iPod touch

I hate unnecessary technology. The fact is, however, that I'm loaded with it. I've got this computer on which I'm typing, an XBOX 360, a netbook, a tv, a microwave, a Kindle (although I'm beginning to think that this thing is absolutely necessary), and to top it off I've received and iPod touch as a gift.
I have to admit that I'm a bit enthralled with the thing though. There are all these genius apps that I just can't get over! There's one, for instance, that simulates the driving conditions of the elderly; sure, I hit cardboard cut-out children because they're hidden by my miasma and the music is atrocious, but what other game gives you the opportunity to experience old age? NONE! There's another app that lets you find all of the sex offenders in your area and it shows their picture as well as their offense! That is awesome! Let me tell you, there are quite a few here in Edmond. The coolest of all is an app that lets you use your ipod touch as a mouse and keyboard for your pc. It's completely unnecessary, but it's so cool! The only problem with it is that I foolishly wasted $2 on the damn thing because I wanted to see how the "air mouse" function works--you kind of wave your ipod around and it works somewhat like a pointer, but it's not an easy thing to do--before I realized that I'll never be using my computer from any distance that would necessitate the use of the ipod touch as a mouse!
The only thing that really sucks about my ipod is that I can't put any songs on it!!! Apparently there is no support for Windows XP 64bit, so I'm frantically trying to configure the installation files to allow me to install it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment