Saturday, April 17, 2010
Playwriting
I'm working on a play write now about Capitalism. The main character of my play is actually a dollar bill and he's doing fairly well in terms of characterization. But I fear that this play is spinning disastrously out of control. I've got a chorus of workers on strike who sit in the foreground and speak strictly in recycled verse from the poetry of Neruda, Bolano, Langston Hughes, and Bukowski. The play is definitely absurd, but so is this religious idolatry of capital that we have. The only problem is that I fear the absurdity of my play will alienate my audience. Sure, I keep it humorous, but my disdain for Capitalism is not something that my peers tend to share and I fear that the majority of the populace are so brainless that they too will not agree with my views on Capitalism. Well, I'd better get back to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment