Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Internet stupidity

If ever you are feeling nearly suicidal and can't quite rationalize your decision to bust a cap in your ass I'd suggest you look at news articles on sites that allow users to post comments on the stories. Here are a few I've collected just today.

These are from http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100420/us_nm/us_climate_spring_usa

Steve
123 users liked this comment 121 users disliked this comment
Steve 1 hour ago Report Abuse

"In Michigan we welcome spring coming 2 weeks ealier. 2 more weeks of better weather is a good thing. I love and welcome global warming."

Randy
115 users liked this comment. 72 users disliked this comment
Randy 1 hour ago Report Abuse

"I love how the effects of all "Global Warming" are always negative. You never see the positive benefits, of which there are many."

lorrainnidaho 1 hour ago Report Abuse

"Oh sure more global warming nonsense. I bet they believe in Tinker Bell too!"


These come from http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1697

D... 4 hours ago Report Abuse

2715 users liked this comment 2586 users disliked this comment

"You go prez...to another country where they're already under the socialist regime!"


3078 users liked this comment 3779 users disliked this comment
The John 4 hours ago Report Abuse

"The average American is too stupid to understand any issue even when explained to them slowly, and that is the real problem. Why do you think the Tea Party exists? To recruit the ignorant!"

This comment was funny, but the poster assumes that the average American is of limited intelligence. The poster also brings up the Tea Party for no apparent reason other than to call them idiots. Personally, I happen to agree, but the story has nothing at all to do with Tea Baggers. Tea Baggers? Isn't that some sexual reference?


These come from http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100420/ap_on_bi_ge/us_bank_tax


173 users liked this comment 151 users disliked this comment
Offended 3 hours ago Report Abuse

"The common sense approach is to vote these President Barack Hussein Obama pleasers out of office at our first opportunity. I want the United States to remain the United States. President Barack Hussein Obama campaigned for change, now let’s give him a political party change."

I'm not even sure that this guy read the article. Perhaps the title and a quote, but not much more.


255 users liked this comment 115 users disliked this comment
GeraldK 3 hours ago Report Abuse

"Tax tax tax......taxes get passed on....and the banks will not be allowed to fail....so the very obvious outcome is that rates will be raised to collect these tax increases, and the expense will be passed on to the Banks Customers....us.
Just another example of the Democrats disdain for the intelligence and wishes of the Ameerican People."

No evidence for his assertions and his argument is terribly fallacious.


161 users liked this comment 66 users disliked this comment
spacedog 3 hours ago Report Abuse

"Maybe they should call it a tax for American's Pain and Suffering over the past few years. Bankers caused it, they should pay... but out of their own salaries!"

No comments:

Post a Comment